Physical Therapy and Chiropractic
Have you ever wondered about the difference between a chiropractor and a physical therapist? This is a very fair question which we intend to answer! There are many instances in which you would need to see a physical therapist or a chiropractor, such as:
- You experience dizziness and are prone to falling
- If you have back pain
- If you have experienced a stroke
- If you have cerebral palsy
First, let’s define what a physical therapist and a chiropractor do to better understand the difference.
According to the American Physical Therapy Association, a physical therapist should:
- Examine individuals with functional limitations, physical impairments, disabilities or other health related conditions. Their purpose is to determine a diagnosis, prognosis, and intervention.
- Alleviate impairment and functional limitation by designing, implementing, and modifying therapeutic interventions.
- Prevent injury, impairment, functional limitation, and disability, including the promotion and maintenance of fitness, health, and quality of life in people of all ages.
- Engage in consultation, education, and research.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, chiropractic is defined as:
- A drug-free, hands-on approach to health care that includes patient examination, diagnosis and treatment. Chiropractors have broad diagnostic skills and are also trained to recommend therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, as well as to provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling. The most common therapeutic procedure performed by doctors of chiropractic is known as “spinal manipulation,” also called “chiropractic adjustment.”
At the end of the day, everyone just wants to live pain free. However, many aspects of life generate physical impacts on the body, from working and driving, to studying and diet. These activities can develop into minor aches and pains, and even major injuries and permanent degeneration. In order to treat these symptoms and address the causes, traditional physical exams combined with chiropractic care can help to diagnose and monitor the progress of an individual.
Dr. David Tuchinsky practices in Weston, Florida – His address is 17160 Royal Palm Boulevard – Suite 1 – Weston, Florida – His telephone number is 954-895-7896. Feel free to call to schedule a free consultation with the Doctor.